Monday, November 5, 2007

How Fast Are You Driving?

To the driver of the black SUV tailgating me on Tollgate Road, listen up: I drive the speed limit. Swerving back and forth behind me will not make me go faster, in fact, it might actually make me drive exactly 35 mph. If you want to bump my car's rear end, it really won't upset me because it could actually use a new bumper. So go for it!
If you'd like to drive faster, why not try Rte. 24 where the average speed hovers around 70? Even with the stoplights, you will make it to wherever you're going faster. Please consider this option.

Did anyone see the directional sign in the traffic circle on Wheel/Tollgate Road that was knocked over? On Saturday it was directly underneath a large SUV. I assume that some speed was involved because I'm not sure how you could wedge an at least 8-foot sign underneath your vehicle without noticing.
I hope the Harford County Sheriff's department continues its patrols near Abingdon Elementary. That revenue alone could pay for the entire state's deficit.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I purposely drive Tollgate to avoid 24, some people think it's a shortcut but with 2 schools, a soccer field, and the library that's just crazy. I also get a kick out of people on cell phones trying to navigate the circles.

Anonymous said...

Did you see/hear about the 4 car pile up on Rt. 24 last night about 7:30? Your speeding comment couldn't have been more appropriate! People need to slow down in general around Bel Air/Abingdon. It's not NASCAR.