Sunday, October 28, 2007

Cast Your Vote

Only a few hours left to cast a vote in our very unscientfic poll at right. Thanks to those who have voted and posted comments.
One comment by reader Brian Bittner (and former Green Party District B County Council Candidate) brings up a great point. Why must we be detectives to find out what's happening in Abingdon? I had no idea what the pet store was going to be until a sign appeared.
Which leads me to my next question, is there an endpoint for development in the Constant Friendship complex? As a frequent visitor, it seemed that traffic hit its peak with the Lowes' addition, and now another big box store will add to the congestion.
As I said in my first entry, I'm relatively new to the area so I'm not sure what's been approved for that area. But in the three years I've lived here, it's amazing how much development I've witnessed, not only in that shopping area, but in my neck of Tollgate Road as well.
Here's just a few off the top of my head:
Lowes'
Country Kitchen
Wine World
Chick-Fil-A
New Storage Center (behind Target/Wal-Mart)
Monmouth Meadows new townhouses/houses on both sides of Tollgate
Harford Green
55+ condos across from Library (which in my opinion, in 10 years will look like projects)
At that's only on the Wal-Mart side of Rte. 24.
When I look out my window, I see woods, deer, an occasional fox and in the winter, bluebirds. With more and more development encroaching on my neighborhood, I just wonder how long that will last.

No comments: