Friday, September 5, 2008

Regal Robberies

The Aegis is reporting that three suspects have been charged in one of the incidents at Regal Cinemas this summer. The three charged are all residents of Constant Friendship -- Nanticoke Court and Clairborne Way. From the article, it appears that at least one of the victims, who was walking home from the movies, knew two of the suspects because they all attend Edgewood High School. We're making assumptions here, but this sounds as if the suspects knew the victims and that's why they robbed them of less than $100.
We're not minimizing the crime, but it just sounds odd that they were all walking home on Tollgate at the same time.
The sheriff's department says the suspects might be involved in the other crimes, but as former police reporters, we'd be very surprised if this was true. This sounds like a crime of opportunity. They didn't even have a car. How many armed robbers flee on foot from a business park? Sounds odd.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

It sure does sound odd. What kind of person (or criminal) would choose to rob someone they knew, someone from their own neighborhood, from their own school?? It just doesn't add up. I'm waiting for someone to start blaming it on that good old "gang activity." I will ask my son (EHS student) if he has heard anything about this around school.
-AroundHarfordCounty

Anonymous said...

TAA, part of your post made me laugh. Pardon me for being glib but when you ask, "Who would flee from a business park on foot?" Going back to our previous discussions, you surely realize that at times, that would be the quicker means of egress. (and here I giggle)

Anonymous said...

Sorry, obsessing again, had to apologize for misquoting you.

Anonymous said...

It is not odd. My girlfriend and I were the first victims to be robbed by these thugs behind the theater. The disabled my car, robbed our cash, and walked off on foot.

What pisses me off is finding out arrests were made in a similar incident and I wasn't contacted for a lineup to find out if it was indeed to same ghetto scum.